Copy Editor/Content Writing
Working at ‘Hood Magazine and Familyfest is not just another job. We are looking for team members to not only grow the company, but also help them grow as individuals and continue with our mission & vision statements of empowering families.
As the copy editor/content writer you are responsible for the content development of the publication. We are looking for a highly dedicated individual with an interest in researching, collaborating and writing for The ‘Hood Magazine and Familyfest. This position is ideal for an articulate, self-motivated individual with a passion for family and parenting lifestyle topics.
Our Mission Statement: Advocate local people and organizations that bring families together
Our Vision Statement: Stronger families through togetherness
Our Core Values:
We are Simple – we know families are busy and we want to help make things simple
We are Credible - we work with organizations in the community you can trust
We are Resourceful - we are a resource for families to look at for all of their parenting needs.
- Write articles for ‘Hood Magazine and Familyfest including all aspects of print and digital
- Proofing magazine, websites, and e-newsletter
- Editing articles and preparing them for edit report and website
- Setting up the edit report
- Work with clients and families for interviews via email, phone, or in person
- Proofing of each issue of ‘Hood to make sure if you are working on something it is accounted for and information is correct
- Helping Hood expand via print and digital
● Strong interest in community, family and children
● Superior writing, editing and grammatical skills
● Familiar with dropbox, google docs, and asana
● Strong work ethic and accountability
● Very organized & detail oriented
● Adaptable to changing circumstances
● Independent worker who is able to focus on the task at hand
● Enjoys having a flexible work schedule
● Have written and proofed articles before
● 10-12 hours work per issue (9 issues a year)
● Excellent communication skills
● Time management skills
● Self-Starter inspired to perform without outside help
● Flexible scheduling
● A space to continually grow & expand within the business, and yourself
● An opportunity to work alongside some of the most amazing humans on this planet!
● $250 per issue as a freelancer
Come join our amazing team, make new friends and develop your career all while having a lot of fun!
● In addition, please submit your resume & 3 business references to: [email protected]