Yummy Mummy Beef PizzaOct 03, 2022 ● By The Hood Magazine
Recipe Courtesy of www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com
- 1 recipe Italian-Style Beef Sausage (recipe follows)
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety, split
- 4 individually wrapped sticks reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese (1 ounce each)
- 8 black or green olives, sliced horizontally
- Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage. Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Keep warm and set aside.
Italian-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Place sandwich thins, cut side up, on rack of broiler pan. Spoon equal amounts of sausage mixture on each bread half. Pull cheese lengthwise into thin strips. Cut each strip into thirds. Create mummy faces using cheese strips in crisscross pattern to resemble mummy bandages and olives to resemble eyes.
- Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.