Beef ChiliJan 24, 2021 05:41PM ● By The Hood Magazine
This traditional chili couldn't be any easier. Simply brown lean Ground Beef, add in pantry-friendly ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. The result? A chili that tastes like it's been cooking for hours. This Beef. It's What's For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) unsalted beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies or sliced jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced avocado (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in beans, broth, tomatoes, green chilies and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally. Garnish with Toppings, as desired.