Easy Holiday BreakfastDec 01, 2020 09:29AM ● By South Dakota Beef
Recipe Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.comStart your day off right with this delicious breakfast. For more recipes and cooking tips and trick, click here!
- 1 recipe Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage (recipe follows)
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons regular or chipotle hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 12-cup standard muffin pan with cooking spray. Prepare Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage. Stir chiles and cheese into sausage mixture. Evenly divide mixture into prepared pan.
Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner), 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Whisk eggs, milk and hot sauce, as desired, in medium bowl. Evenly divide egg mixture over sausage mixture in muffin cups.
- Bake in 375°F oven 17 to 20 minutes or until egg mixture is set and just beginning to brown. Let stand 2 minutes. Loosen edges; remove from muffin pan. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with Toppings, as desired.