Summer Beef RecipesJun 03, 2020 ● By The Hood Magazine
Recipes provided by: beefiswhatsfordinner.com
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Combine Ground Beef, jalapeño pepper, onion, cilantro, salt and black pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Place each burger on lettuce leaf. Evenly top with tomato, avocado and onion slices. Wrap lettuce leaves around burgers.
- 1 beef Strip Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 cups HERDEZ Casera Salsa salsa
- 4 small corn tortillas (5 to 6 inch diameter), toasted
- 1 cup no-salt-added refried beans
- 1 cup thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion or pickled red onion
- Place beef steak and 1/2 cup Herdez® Casera Salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steaks lengthwise in thirds, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- Spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup refried beans. Top with lettuce, beef and remaining 3/4 cup salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and onion.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 5-1/2 tablespoons pineapple juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh grated ginger
- 3 bell peppers, seeded, cut into quarters
- 2 onions. cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, 4 tablespoons pineapple juice and ginger in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and teriyaki mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Spray onion slices and bell pepper lightly with cooking spray. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange bell peppers and onion slices around steak. Grill steak, bell peppers and onion slices, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness and bell peppers and onion slices are tender, turning occasionally. Keep warm.
- Prepare Pineapple Salsa.
Combine 3/4 cup canned pineapple chucks or tidbits, drained, 1/2 cup diced sweet onion, 1/4 cup diced red or green bell pepper, 3 tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide rice evenly among 6 bowls. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons pineapple juice in medium bowl; mix well. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices; toss steak with teriyaki mixture. Arrange steak on rice; top with Pineapple Salsa and grilled vegetables. Garnish with coconut flakes, if desired.