Staying Healthy During Quarentine
Apr 01, 2020 09:30AM
By Lanpher Chiropractic and The Hood Magazine
By: Lanpher Chiropractic and The Hood Magazine
These days of spending extra time at home can leave us tempted to grab easy snacks that are not always the best choice for our bodies. Eating healthy and providing our bodies with nutrients should always be a goal when planning our grocery lists, but with Coronavirus making its way into our communities we want to be sure our diets are packed full of great immune boosting options. Here are some items to add to your cart the next time you hit the store.
1. Look for anything in the berry family. Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and more are not only sweet and delicious but they also are packed with antioxidants!
2. You know the saying, “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.” While this saying may just be an old wives’ tale, apples should not be over looked. They make a yummy snack, and are also relatively convenient. Did you know apples are a great source of fiber?
3. Pick up some watery fruits. Fruits such as watermelon and pineapple have a high water content that help us stay hydrated.
4. Beans have a variety of nutrients that are great for over all health. If your children tend to turn their noses up at beans, try sneaking them into some of their favorite dishes. Black beans or kidney beans are a great choice!
5. Don’t forget to grab some avocado at the store. Kids and adults of all ages tend to enjoy this fruit. That’s right, did you know it was a fruit? Mash it up for a dip, spread it on toast or sandwich. Avocado spread also is a wonderful alternative when making a sandwich for those that need dairy free diet!
Staying healthy through weeks of quarantine is essential for both mental and physical health. Check out these online resources to stay healthy & safe.
www.barre3.com/online - USE CODE: BARRE3HOMEBODY
https://www.facebook.com/siouxfallsfitbody/ - PAID CLASSES ONLINE
https://www.facebook.com/koshayogaschool/ - PAID CLASSES VIA ZOOM
https://www.facebook.com/prairiesoulyoga/ - PAID CLASSES VIA ZOOM
https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanGymnasticsAcademy/ - FREE conditioning workouts
https://www.facebook.com/605-NINJA-Obstacle-Training-Academy-2033248700220043/ - PAID CLASSES VIA ZOOM