Easy Beef Recipes
Feb 28, 2019 11:01AM
By The Hood Magazine
Beef Fried Rice
· 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
· 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
· 1 cup frozen peas
· 3/4 cup chopped green onions
· 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
· 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 cups cooked brown rice (prepared without butter or salt)
· 3 tablespoons soy sauce
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 8 celery sticks (optional)
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; keep warm.
Heat same skillet over medium-high until hot. Add bell pepper, peas, green onions, ginger and garlic; stir-fry about 1 minute. Stir in beef, rice, soy sauce and black pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with celery sticks, if desired.
Beef and Egg Breakfast Mugs
· 1 pound of breakfast sausage (See below for optional sausage recipe)
· 1 cup chopped fresh vegetables such as tomato, baby spinach, bell pepper, zucchini or green onion
· 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese such as cheddar, Monterey jack or American
· 8 large eggs
· Salt and pepper (optional)
· Dairy sour cream, salsa, sriracha, ketchup
1. Prepare sausage. Remove skillet from heat; let cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Evenly divide beef and vegetables into eight food-safe quart-size plastic bags. Close securely and refrigerate up to 4 days.
2. For each serving, spray one 6 to 12-ounce microwave-safe mug or bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water; whisk with fork. Stir in 1 bag refrigerated sausage-vegetable mixture.
3. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds. Remove from oven; stir. Continue to microwave on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until egg is just set. Stir. Top with cheese. Let stand 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with toppings.
Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage:
Combine 1-pound ground beef (93% or leaner), 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Taco Seasoning Variation:
Prepare beef as directed above, substituting 1 packet (1 ounce) reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix for herbs and seasonings in sausage in step 1.
Beef and Veggie Frittata
· 1 pound ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
· 4 small red-skinned new potatoes (about 6 ounces), cut into 6 wedges each
· 1/2 cup water
· 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
· 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
· 1 teaspoon salt, divided
· 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
· 6 large eggs
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
· 3 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
· 1/2 cup chopped tomato
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine potatoes and water in 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Pour off remaining water from skillet, if necessary.
2. Brown Ground Beef with onion in same skillet over medium heat 6 minutes, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Add zucchini. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Pour off drippings. Return potatoes to skillet. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix thoroughly.
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Pour evenly over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 350 degree oven about 18 to 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
4. Sprinkle frittata with tomato. Cut into 4 to 6 wedges.
Easy Beef Breakfast Rolls
· 1 recipe Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage (see below)
· 2 large eggs, scrambled
· 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
· 1 tablespoon water
· Fillings (optional): Chopped onions, salsa, chopped cooked vegetables
· 12 balls of frozen bread dough, thawed
Prepare Basic Country Beef Breakfast
Sausage. Remove from skillet.
Basic Country-Style Beef Breakfast Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef (93% or leaner), 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic power, 1 teaspoon onion power, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles, stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Combine sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese and water. Stir in optional filling ingredients, if desired. Roll out one dough ball at a time on unfloured surface to 4 to 5-inch diameter circle. Place approximately 1/4 cup of sausage filling into the center of the circle. Gather edges of dough and pinch together. With hands roll dough back into ball. Place seam-side down into a muffin cup.
3. Bake 24 to 27 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.