Egg Muffin CupsAug 30, 2018 12:54PM ● By The Hood Magazine
- 1 pound beef sausage
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey jack cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons regular or chipotle hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped green onion or chives, chopped tomato, salsa or additional hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12-cup standard muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare beef sausage. Drain fat, if needed. Stir chiles and cheese into sausage mixture. Evenly divide mixture into prepared pan.
2. Whisk eggs, milk and hot sauce, as desired, in medium bowl. Evenly divide egg mixture over sausage mixture in muffin cups.
3. Bake in 375 degree oven 17 to 20 minutes or until egg mixture is set and just beginning to brown. Let stand 2 minutes. Loosen edges; remove from muffin pan. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with Toppings, as desired.