Easy Breakfast Rolls with Beef Breakfast SausageAug 30, 2018 12:50PM ● By The Hood Magazine
Note: Recipes Courtesy of: beefitswhatsfordinner.com
Easy Breakfast Rolls with Beef Breakfast Sausage
Beef Sausage Ingredients:
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine Ground Beef and seasonings in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- To make patties, lightly shape sausage mixture into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add patties; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160 degrees, turning occasionally.
- To prepare crumbles, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- Fillings (optional): Chopped onions, salsa, chopped cooked vegetables
- 12 balls of frozen bread dough, thawed
basic country beef breakfast sausage. Remove from skillet.
Basic country-style beef breakfast sausage: Combine 1 pound ground beef (93% or leaner), 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic power, 1 teaspoon onion power, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Combine sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese and water. Stir in optional filling ingredients, if desired. Roll out one dough ball at a time on unfloured surface to 4 to 5-inch diameter circle. Place approximately 1/4 cup of sausage filling into the center of the circle. Gather edges of dough and pinch together. With hands roll dough back into ball. Place seam-side down into a muffin cup.
- Bake 24 to 27 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.