The Benefits of Steam Showers
● By Digital Media Director
After a long workout, the best thing you can do for yourself is to wash it off in a relaxing shower. Some modifications to your existing shower can make a world of difference.
1. The easiest improvement is to install a 2-in-1 hand shower. These hand showers function as both showerheads and hand-held shower wands. Best of all, these affordable add-ons can be installed in just a few minutes and can be used to massage sore muscles, as well as rinse children and wash pets.
2. If you are looking for a more permanent muscle-massaging solution, installing body-jets is a life-changer. You will need a multi-function shower to achieve this, but you can also add a rain head, standard showerhead, and body-jets for a complete shower experience.
3. Another great addition to a multi-function shower is the U by Moen smart shower. You are able to set different temperatures and functions for multiple users or times of day. For example, you can set your morning shower to be 104• with the standard showerhead and set your post-workout shower to be 98• with body jets. This way, you get a perfect shower every time.
4. For the ultimate upgrade, consider creating a luxurious steam shower in your home. Many studies have been done to prove the benefits of steam showers after workouts. Steam showers are great for circulation, stress, skin care, and overall exercise recovery. The steam opens pores and improves circulation by widening your blood vessels, making it the ultimate recovery tool.