Crockpot Turkey and Edamame Chili
● By Digital Media Director
By: Hungry for TruthCrockpot Turkey and Edamame Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pounds 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- One 6-oz. can tomato paste
- One 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- One 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups edamame beans, rinsed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- Shredded cheese, light sour cream, chopped green onions and/or hot sauce
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic to a large skillet and sauté 3 to 4 minutes until slightly tender. Add ground turkey and cook until done, crumbly and brown. It should not be necessary to drain.
- Add the meat mixture to the crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients starting with the water. Stir until blended.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or 6 to 8 hours on low.