Cloth Diapers: What You Need to Know
● By Digital Media Director
By: Bambino Mio Cloth Diapers
Did you know: disposable diapers can take up to 500 years to decompose? More and more cloth diapers are on the market, making it easy for moms and dads to practice eco-chic parenting. The use of cloth diapers goes far beyond the benefits for the environment.
- 20 billion disposable diapers are thrown away every year and each disposable can take up to 500 years to decompose.
- 15% of all household waste in the US is disposable diapers.
- Cloth diapers are up to 40% better for the environment according to the Environment Agency’s 2008 revision of the Lifecycle Analysis Report.
- Parents can save up to $900 when using cloth diapers, and even more if diapers are used on subsequent children. Even switching to one cloth diaper per day can save parents a significant amount of money.
When shopping for cloth diapers, you’ll want to find diapers that are easy to change and easy to wash. Some even come with a unique pull-out tab system to make removing the core from inside the diaper as simple as possible, improving laundry performance and speeding up drying time. Many cloth diapers also come with a range of diapering accessories from swim diapers to potty training essentials.
Cloth diapers have come a long way over the past 20 years. They’re more absorbent, many also include a stay-dry inner layer to keep moisture away from baby’s delicate skin. Many cloth diapers also have stretchy water-resistant outer fabric, which is perfect for active babies.
As for the size of the diaper, that’s adjustable too and the prints are endless, making sure your eco-friendly baby is also able to be in style.