Active Birthday PartiesMar 28, 2017 01:32PM ● By Hood Magazine
Photo courtesy of Finished Vision Photography
By Gene Luke, All American Gymnastics Academy
Planning an active birthday party? Here are a few things to look for.
1. The most important thing is safety. Birthday parties for children are sure to involve excitement, adrenaline, and chaos. That is when accidents and risk of injury increases. When planning a birthday party, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Are rules in place that promote safety, and are the rules explained prior to the activity?
- Is there responsible, trained and attentive staff for the facility or activity?
- Are the safety rules enforced?
2. Facility and party venue
- Are all of the activities at the party location age appropriate for all the children attending the party?
- Does the facility allow food, drink, decorations, etc.?
- Is the facility accommodating to your needs to host a successful party?
- Is the facility clean?
- Does the venue offer a private party room? Is there adequate seating for the number of guests attending your party?
- For some children, too much physical activity can cause fatigue. Therefore, the risk of injury increases. Make sure the length of time is not too long for the age of the children participating.
- Are there a variation of activities that are appropriate for all the children to keep them interested and having fun for the entire time allotted for the party?
- Is there heavy public traffic? Are the children at your party intermingling with others outside of your party? What is the facility policy to ensure the protection of the children attending your party?
- Are the doors and entrances supervised to ensure that the children can’t walk out of the facility?
- If the child is dropped off and the parent/guardian is not staying, make sure you confirm who will pick up the child.
- Make sure the parents are aware of the time the party ends to ensure the child is picked up on time so you do not have to wait beyond a reasonable time after the party ends.
These are just a few things to look for when considering an active birthday party. Active parties are a great way to get kids moving, playing, and celebrating together. Most facilities and venues are willing to accommodate reasonable requests. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and discuss concerns to make your child’s birthday party a success.