One Pot Lasagna Pasta
Apr 25, 2016 12:20PM
By Hood Magazine
- 1 lb ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 med zucchini, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 jar (24 to 26 oz) garden-style pasta sauce
- 2 c water
- 6 oz uncooked mini bow tie (farfalle) pasta (about 2-1/8 cups)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 c reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 c reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced or chopped
Preheat oven to 375 F. Heat oven safe 5 to 6-quart Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and zucchini; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Stir in pasta sauce, water and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta. Spoon heaping teaspoons ricotta cheese over top of sauce. Slightly swirl ricotta into sauce, not mixing in completely.
Cover and bake in 375 F oven 10 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Skillet-Stovetop Method: Prepare recipe as directed above using 12-inch nonstick skillet and adding uncooked pasta with pasta sauce, water and pepper in step 2. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and cook on stovetop 8 to 11 minutes (13 to 15 minutes for regular bow tie pasta) or until pasta is tender, stirring once. Remove from heat. Swirl ricotta into sauce as directed in step 2. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted.