Beef Burritos with Pepper Jack Cheese and Baked BeansJan 22, 2016 11:01AM ● By Hood Magazine
- 1/2 lb ground beef sirloin
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 c chunky salsa, divided
- 2 c cooked brown or white rice
- Whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 11-oz can corn kernels, drained
- 2 c pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c green onion, sliced including green tops
In medium non-stick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat. Break beef mixture up into smaller chunks with a spoon. Drain fat and stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa; set aside.
Spread 1/3 cup of rice on center of a tortilla, leaving a 1/2-in border. Scatter about 2 tbsp of beans and 1-1/2 tbsp of corn over rice. Spread 1/3 cup of the beef mixture and 1/4 cup of the cheese over corn. Top with 2 tsp of the salsa and a few pieces of green onion. Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla one inch each and roll up. Place on microwave-safe dish, seam side down.
Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place burritos in a microwave oven and heat 1 minute or until heated through. Serve with remaining salsa and baked beans.