Save on Holiday ShoppingOct 31, 2015 11:03AM ● By Hood Magazine
The holiday season is here! Before you venture out to do your shopping, take a look at the regular prices of all items you plan to purchase. There are many different sales prior to Christmas Day and while you will be able to find some fabulous deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, those days are not always the best days to buy everything you may be searching for. Always use your best judgement when deciding on when and where to buy. The following tips will hopefully provide you with some additional help with both in-store and online shopping.
In Store Shopping:
- Start early - Watch for sales throughout the year! One great option is to plan to buy one gift for someone each month or put a little extra money into a ‘Christmas Budget’ each month throughout the year to prevent you from overspending in December.
- Quality in local gift buying - Rather than buying a loved one several gifts that he may or may not like, focus on higher quality gifts. There are many local stores where you can find unique, quality products that will last. You can get by with one or two high quality gifts. Not only will the gift be better appreciated, but it could end up saving you money by preventing you from buying too many gifts.
- Ask for discounts - Don’t be afraid to ask! Occasionally there will be coupons or other discounts available if you just ask the cashier.
- Print retail coupons - Do a search online to find out if there are any available printable coupons to help you save in all stores you plan to shop in; this includes local stores!
- Use browser extensions - Install an extension like “Invisible Hand” onto your internet browser. It will alert you to where you can go to find better deals on the same product you are looking at.
- Amazon.com - Shop on Amazon, especially if you’re an Amazon Prime member. They are known for excellent lightning deals that come and go in a couple hours! Prime members receive free shipping on all products sold from Amazon (not 3rd party sellers).
- Free shipping day - For all of you procrastinators out there, shop on ‘free shipping day!’ This will take place on December 18th. Hundreds of retailers participate in this event by offering free shipping with guaranteed delivery by Christmas.