School Supply Savings
● By Hood Magazine
Photo courtesy of Shaina Photography
How to Save on School Supplies:
● You can usually expect to see school supply discounts to begin the week following July 4th and they will continue through September. This is a great time to stock up on school supplies as you can get boxes of crayons, pencils, and pens for as low as $.25 and folders as low as $.10. If you can wait until the end of the season, you will likely catch even better deals with clearance sales.
● If you’re buying something that needs to last through multiple school years, be sure to pay attention to quality. Buying one quality backpack will save you from needing to purchase a new one year after year.
● Office supply stores such as OfficeMax and Staples have free rewards programs you can sign up for to receive special discounts, rebates, and coupons on school supplies.
● Buy supplies in bulk and split the cost with your friends. Some items can even be borrowed or traded!
● Stores that offer price matching will adjust the price to a competitor’s price. You can use this service to your advantage during school supply sales.
● Look for school supply coupons on manufacturer websites and Facebook pages. Target.com and Coupons.com will also provide printable coupons that can help you save on your supplies.
Have extra school supplies? You can donate them!
● The Banquet (thebanquetsf.org) accepts school supplies year-round for Project S.O.S. (Supply Our Kids). Visit their website for more details and updates!
● Keep an eye out for collection boxes in big box stores and drug stores around town.
● Contact your child’s school to find out if they are accepting donations. Another option is to contact your child’s teacher directly to see if there is anything they need. Many teachers will gladly accept any supply donations you are willing to make!