Lactation Cookie Recipe
02/28/2018 10:47AM ● Published by Digital Media Director
A delicious and nutritious cookie recipe packed with oatmeal, brewer’s yeast, and healthy fats such as peanut butter, almond butter, and flaxseed, that may help mom increase her milk supply. And as a bonus, they are so yummy, even your kids will want to eat them!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time12 minutes
· 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
· 1/2 cup butter, softened
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 2 large eggs
· 1-2 ripe bananas, mashed
· 1-1/2 cups Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
· 1 cup ground flaxseed
· 3 tablespoons brewer’s yeast (found at health food stores)
· 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
· Preheat the oven to 350°F.
· Add butter, peanut butter and brown sugar into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the mashed banana and mix until just combined.
· Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the oats, flax and brewer’s yeast until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
· Assemble into heaping balls of dough and drop onto a greased baking sheets.
· Bake for 12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through until cookies are starting to brown.
· Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.