Coconut Curry Chili
● By Digital Media Director
From the kitchen of David and Miriam Iverson
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 (10.75 oz) can tomato soup
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can no-salt-added red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1-1/2 cups sweet potato, cubed
1/4 cup mango chutney
2-3 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
2/3 cup light coconut milk, divided
- Cook ground turkey in medium skillet. Drain, set aside.
- In a large pot, combine tomato soup, tomato sauce and garlic. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, add turkey and remaining ingredients, except the coconut milk, to pot. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1/3 cup coconut milk to mixture. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining coconut milk, cover and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Serve over rice or in a bowl.