Crockpot Turkey and Edamame Chili
02/20/2017 11:15AM ● Published by Hood Magazine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast, 99% fat free
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups edamame beans rinsed and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika, smoked
- shredded cheese for garnish
- light sour cream for garnish
- chopped green onion for garnish
- hot sauce for garnish
Add olive oil, onion and garlic to a large skillet and sauté 3 to 4 minutes until slightly tender. Add ground turkey and cook until done, crumbly and brown. It should not be necessary to drain.
Add the meat mixture to the crockpot. Add the remaining ingredients starting with the water. Stir until blended.
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or 6 to 8 hours on low.