Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball
02/20/2017 10:30AM ● Published by Hood Magazine
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-1 ounce package ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Once cool, chop into small pieces. In a small bowl, mix half of the bacon with the chopped almonds and parsley. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning mix, jalapeños, green onions, cayenne pepper and the remaining bacon.
Place mixture in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and shape into a ball using wax paper to prevent the mixture from sticking. Roll the ball in the mixture of bacon, almonds and parsley. Place on a platter and serve with crackers and fresh grapes.