Pigskin Party in Mini Jars: Smoky Bacon Cheesecake with Gouda and Gruyere
01/25/2017 11:30AM ● Published by Hood Magazine
- 1-1/2 cups fine cracker crumbs (butter, wheat, cornbread, etc.)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 packages cream cheese, 8 ounces each, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked bacon, diced (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere
- 1 cup shredded Gouda
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 14, 4-ounce canning jars and place on a cookie sheet. Mix together cracker crumbs, melted butter and cornmeal. Evenly distribute crumb mix into jars. Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth with no lumps. Whip in sour cream. Pour in liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce. Beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating gently and scraping sides of bowl.
Gently stir in diced bacon, Gruyere and Gouda.
Evenly distribute cheesecake batter into jars, leaving approximately 1/2 inch at the top. Bake 30 minutes or until tops are just set and the centers just barely jiggle. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving. Sprinkle tops with reserved bacon pieces. Serve at room temperature with crackers and chips.
Keep jars refrigerated up to one week.