Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 5 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounces each) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups fresh sweet corn (or thawed frozen corn)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
Peel, seed, core and coarsely chop tomatoes yielding about 10 cups tomatoes.
Combine tomatoes, black beans, corn, onion, cilantro, vinegar, garlic, jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle hot salsa into hot, clean, sterilized pint canning jars, leaving a 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids. Process in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Refrigerate after canning.