Strawberry Spinach Salad with French Poppy Seed Dressing
- 10 oz fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 qt strawberries - cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 c almonds, blanched and slivered
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c oil
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried mustard
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- *Cooked chicken breast, chilled (optional)
Mix sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, onion, and dried mustard in a jar and shake.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, onion and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss.