After Work Beef Pot Roast Dinner
● By Hood Magazine
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp Italian dressing mix
- 2-lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-in pieces
- 1/2 c plus 2 tbsp water
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-in thick slices
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
Place onions and garlic in 4-1/2- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Press Italian dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Add roast, bell peppers and 1/2 cup water to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours.
Add zucchini and continue to cook, covered, 30 minutes or until zucchini is fork tender. Remove roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid and reserve, skimming fat from liquid. Dissolve cornstarch into 2 tbsp water. Combine 2 cups reserved cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in a medium pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Serve gravy over roast and vegetables.