Simple Valentine Treats for Sharing
01/22/2016 11:19AM ● Published by Hood Magazine
By Jessica Brovold
If you’re a working parent like me, you know how hectic the weeks can be. Between shuffling
the kids off to school each day, planning meals
and getting the kids to their weekly events, there is little time left for
This Valentine’s Day, if your kids are begging to bring treats to school to share with the whole class, don’t worry. You’ve got this. Here are some very simple treats you can make with your kids. You’ll need very few ingredients and just a little time to prepare.
Enjoy and have a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine Marshmallow Pops
From Glorious Treats
- One bag of strawberry marshmallows
- Lollipop sticks
- Small cellophane bags (if you want to wrap them up)
1. Push a lollipop stick into each marshmallow.
2. Melt some chocolate (chocolate chips are not recommended) You will need 4-8 oz. of chocolate, depending on how many marshmallows you make.
3. Dip one marshmallow at a time into the chocolate.
4. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and then sprinkle your choice of sprinkles onto the chocolate.
5. Set the marshmallow pop (stick down) on a flat surface on parchment paper and allow to set. You can also cool in the fridge.
6. Once the chocolate is set, package up however you’d like.7. Share with friends and enjoy!
The photo speaks for itself here. All you need is a small heart cookie cutter and a skewer. Cut your strawberries add in some grapes and you’re all set! Kids will love sharing this healthy snack!
A Simple Gift for Teachers
Here is a great non-candy item for your teachers! Just purchase small bottles of hand sanitizer, we know teachers can’t have enough of this stuff in their classrooms. Click here to print out the labels, mount on card-stock and attach them to the bottles with a small ribbon and you’re done! Aren’t they adorable?