Spend Less, Give More
● By Hood Magazine
By Shaina Herrmann, http://shainasdeals.com
There are ways to save your money and show your appreciation for those you care about. Here are some clever gift ideas as well as some tips to help you save while you shop this holiday season.
Money-Saving Gift Ideas:
- Homemade Coupons – Give these to your friends and family offering your helpful services such as babysitting, photography, dog walking, haircuts, organizing, car wash, cooking or sewing lessons, etc.
- Food and Drink – Coffee, tea, homemade baked goods, chocolates and candies, freezer meals, or freshly baked bread.
- Keepsakes – Framed photo(s), photo albums, DVD slideshows, scrapbooks, handwritten recipes, or personalized items.
- Creative – Charity donations, movie or concert tickets, magazine subscriptions, or Groupons.
Save While You Shop
- Purchase many or all of your gifts at once on a website such as Amazon.com. You can find anything on their website at a bargain price and shipping is free with a $25 purchase!
- Always be on the lookout for the best deal possible. The same item that is on sale for $15 at one store may be only $10 at another store, without a sale! It’s best to do a quick price search online before you go to a store or order online.
- Blogs can help you save a ton of money each year, especially around Christmas time.