Quick & Easy Pizza
06/22/2014 07:10PM ● Published by Hood Magazine
Gallery: Grilled Pizza [2 Images] Click any image to expand.
- 1T yeast
- 1C very warm water (approximately 100*F)
- 1tsp sugar
- 1Ž2 tsp salt
- 4T extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1.25C whole wheat flour
- 1.25C white flour
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin slices
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cut into thin slices
- 1 package turkey pepperoni (optional)
To make the pizza crust put the yeast, water, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Let the yeast activate for a few minutes. Stir in the salt, 2T olive oil and the flours. Mix until dough is smooth, about 4 minutes. Roll out dough into two pizza crusts. Place on baking sheets and put into a 400°F oven. Bake 10-15 minutes until crust is cooked through. Alternately, you can also grill the pizza dough. To assemble pizza, layer olive oil, tomato slices, mozzarella slices, and turkey pepperoni (optional) on the pizza crust. Place under oven broiler and broil until cheese melts.