Make Your Own Tutu
● By Hood Magazine
Photo courtesy of Ann Louisa Photography
By Jessica Kerher, Owner, Serendipitous Events - Sioux Falls , SD
Half of the
fun of planning a party for your little girl is choosing her outfit! Tutus work
for just about every party! We chose gold and cream for Jia's tutu! You can
create a fun and personalized look for your kiddo at a low cost.
Tip: Buy the spools of tulle. We used 3 spools and alternated between cream and glitter tulle.
How To Make a Tutu
You will need:
- 3 spools of tulle (we suggest buying 2 different colors).
- 1/4 inch Elastic (closest to the color of your tulle)
- Cut all of your tulle into strips 16 inches in length
- Take one stip and fold in half
- Take the strip around the elastic and pull through
Once you have every
strip of tulle looped on to your elastic, place around your child's waist and
tie a knot in the elastic. Trim up any pieces of tulle that are jagged or a