Lazy Day Beef & Vegetable Soup
● Published by Anonymous
Photo courtesy of South Dakota Beef Council
• 2-1/2 lbs beef Stew Meat, cut into 3/4-in pieces
• 2 cans (14 to 14-1/2 oz each) reduced-sodium beef broth
• 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
• 1 can (14-1/2 oz) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 c water
• 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 2 c frozen mixed vegetables
• 1 c uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
• Shredded Romano cheese (optional)
Combine beef, broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; toss to coat well. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours, or on LOW 8 hours. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Stir in mixed vegetables and pasta. Continue cooking, covered, 1 hour or until beef and pasta are tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Stir well before serving. Serve with cheese, if desired.
Total Recipe Time: on HIGH setting: 6-1/4 hours; on LOW setting: 9-1/4 hours.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
, In Print
south dakota beef council